Prodiamine 65wg

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Feb 14, 2008.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I am pretty sure many of you are using this for pre. How many gallons per 1000 sq ft are you spraying. I have gotten a wide vareity of answers and really need some professionals to tell me. Thanks guys.

2. grassmasterswilson

from nc

nobody uses this? I know you do!

3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

you dont know how to read and understand a label? You wont get far...

4. grassmasterswilson

from nc

^^i can read and i'm also certified Mr. Know it all. If you have ever sprayed anything rarely does the label tell you. It tells you how much active ingredient to put out but most of the time doesn't tell you how much carrier to put with it.

The reason I have asked is I have been told to put out anywhere from 1 gallon/1000 to 5 gallons/1000. That is a big difference and a lot of water to use.

I almost forgot how few good answers you get on this forum.

5. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

1 gallon per thousand is enough, provided you are calibrated correctly. Higher volumes would help give a little better coverage and get it in the soil a little quicker, but correct calibration, putting down exactly what you think you are putting down, is more important.

6. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

i'm putting out about 1.5 gal/M.

But, what does that have to do with you? maybe we are using a different setup, maybe the same.

I think i would calibrate my sprayer. it is practically impossible not to fall into the 1-5gal/M, if you are using a hose gun, i would think.

7. kirk anderson

kirk anderson LawnSite Member

We spray five gallons per 1000 sq ft and put down .55ounces per thousand. This works extremely well and we have been doing this for ten years.

We also have acquired many new clients from other companies who havent had the same results using other stuff... using all liquid we can get in by sidewalks and landscapes much better then they can.
    We used to split this up in two apps but have found out one app is plenty.
    Kirk Anderson
    bluedevilklawn

8. brizine

brizine LawnSite Member

Wow, 5 gallons per 1000, how big are the tanks on your trucks? The more carrier the better with pre-emergents, but I use 2 gals per 1000. This gives me 100,000 out of a tank and I still have to spray two tanks a day sometimes.

9. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

you missed the point. you should know that 1-5 g per k amounts are the same
    from a relative standpoint.
    1 gallon being low volume= more product 5 being high=less
    the rest you have to figure out for yourself turf density, watering etc.
    If you want to see results you should know and understand these things.
    THEREFORE...
    IF you dont know how to read and understand a label, You wont get far...

10. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

What led you to assume Grassmaster doesn't know all that you implied? I guess this shows how two people can read the same words and interpret them completely different. I'm giving Grass the benefit of the doubt that he can understand the label, and is looking for real world advice on carrier volume, hoping someone will chime in saying they saw improved coverage when they switched from 1lb/A at 1 gal/thousand to 2 gal/thousand... or whatever their experience may be. I am assuming he can do the math on rates vs. volume. The only thing the prodiamine label says regarding volume is xxlbs in a minimum of 20 gal water per acre. Pretty vague if you ask me, and no reason to jump a guy for asking...

I guess some will just always assume "if you have to ask you must not get it", and take any opportunity to try to tear a guy down... Just my $.02.