prodiamine and pendi are trash!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nathan Robinson, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

I used them all and diminsion is BY FAR the best on the It also has a slight supressment on reproductive nutlets...(NUTSEDGE) Pay the extra money and give these people what they are paying for. Save on your service calls and add customers when their neighbors call because they have breakthrough.....
  2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i too like dimension, as for any control of nutsedge, i dont recall the label saying anything about it? is there a new lable? i used pendulum for may years, and for the price, you cant beat it. the main reason i switch to dimension is all the new housing addditions be built, i need the post emergent control for the s**ty lawns the builder left behind.
  4. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I had crap results with dimension. I use only barricade and I only buy 1 pint of acclaim a year now.
  5. Nathan Robinson

from 47712

barricade prodiamine....SAME THING. No nutsedge control on last years label. On the EC it says it will suppress the reproduction of the (nutlets) up to 50% Nutsedge also comes up from seed before reproductive nutlets come around. Penilum is cheap. The coap has it for like $85.00 for a 2 and a half gallon jug. Its just junk. Diminsin works the best and would put it up against prodiamine any day!
  6. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

dimesnion and barricade are both good. Barricade has a longer life, but dimension has its advantages as well.
  7. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I would switch to Pendi if it was not yellow and stained your clothes and equipment. It is an excellent product.
  8. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, this is taken way out of context.

Your herbicidal choices should be based on your area and your problematic weeds. If your problematic weed is crabgrass, you almost have to go with prodiamine. the prodiamine is not good for broadleaf control, but as far as crabgrass goes, it is far superior.

So, to say that you aren't giving the customer what they are paying for if you aren't using dimension is way off base. Maybe this is the right choice for you, but not for everyone.
  9. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

one of our worst years for crab grass was the year we used dimension. So for my area i would have to completely dissagree. I agree with the guy about pendi. If it did not stain everything we would prob still use it, but since prices dropped for barricade that is my chemical of choice.
  10. Nathan Robinson

from 47712

Pendi stains but the new pendi (pendulum) does not! Prodiamine is so not even close to being as effective on crab. Prodiamine has an 86% control wherefor Diminsion has a 97% plus the post-m affects up to the fifth tiller. I am just wondering where you got your info on barricade being more effective on crab??????????????