Prodiamine out of the z spray (4l or wsg)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

in respect to ease of handling do u prefer the Prodiamine in the liquid or wdg form?
    also any problems you find when using the 4l or wdg Prodiamine?

2. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Looked into the 4L last year but it seemed a lot more $ than wg. At least not enough to cover an volume vs weight measurement.

I don't mind the wg. I got a little food scale and I know now that to fill up the cupnitncomes with is about 7 oz. so I can ball park it most of the time since I do a splice app

3. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I use WG at 2lbs per acre .75 gal tips works well but you can not let it sit it the tank. I have just ordered a 25gal aux tank with a 5gpm pump just for this reason. When the Z is on the trailer i will plug the pump in and let it run between jobs.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

It wasnt a big enough price difference for me to not use the flowable. I dont want to have to worry about keeping it in suspension. And its easier to measure out in the field..

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I to like the 4L over WDG

for me it's easier to pour than the scale thing I tryed some WDG last year becouse it's the only thing my suppler stocks and i could get quickly

geting the scale out just take more time never looked at cost But it seems like liquid is always more than the dry stuff

Only did 2 yards with the WDG and didn't have any trouble

Charles Cue

6. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

yes the 4L is more money then the wd but for me its easier to use the 4L.. never tired the wg so cant really comment on it...

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

does the wg come with its own measuring container?

8. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

No at least the one from Lesco does not. I used a mail scale with a clear container marked the side of the container for refills. Then I pour that into two gal. of water to dissolve that is poured into my Z works well. I mix while I am transferring clean water to the z.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

No it didn't

Charles Cue

10. Toro 44

Toro 44 LawnSite Member

Hey Ant,

This is a little off topic, but I am curious about your experience so far going all liquid.

I too am considering spraying prodiamine this spring (i've done well with a single app dry in years past). I've read where you were worried before about spraying pre before customers lawns get cleaned up in the spring. How did it work out?

Are you melting your fert? Or are you using Coron? Are you doing 1/4 lb of N per 1,000? How much N are you getting down in a year?

I am considering switching to all liquid (particularly Coron $$$), and I just can't get past the idea that 1.5 - 2 lbs of N is enough for the year. But maybe because it's foliar feeding, it is more efficient.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.