prodiamine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by naughty62, Jan 18, 2007.

1. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Did anybody use any generic or off-shoot prodiamine products,especially in the W.D.G. form ? how well did it work?

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I used Stonewall, the Lesco brand. It worked OK, but I had some real suspension issues. I use a Lesco Spacesaver, and I would always find orange residue at the bottom of the tank, which is very dis-heartening when it costs so much. I also noticed that I didn't get consistent color coming from the nozzle as I was applying, it was sometimes really orange - meaning a lot of prodiamine was coming out, and sometimes almost clear - meaning that very little product was being delivered. From now on I'm sticking with the 4fl formulation.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am thinking about using the dry fertilizer with .38 percent Cavalcade (Prodiamine). Anyone have experience or opinions on this as compared to Team with fertilizer or Dimension 0.1 percent with fertilizer as granular.
    What rate of prodiamine per acre is best in the north?

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Several years ago I used a fertilizer from "The Andersons" which was a 24-3-10 (if i remember right) with prodiamine. I was very happy with the prodiamine, great results through Sept. (as late as I need it) I wasn't as happy with the green up, I had been using a 34-0-0 Ammonium Nitrate. You can't beat ammonium nitrate in the early spring.

5. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

The reason I am asking is we got a cavalcade 65wdg quote at 25/lb .The cas.nunber and composition seems the same .But I seen a lot of posts about it with no real solid answers.Barricade mixs fine in our skid but, I dont know if a $.40 /k savings would be worth the chance. Thanks guys.

6. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

All the prodiamine that I have seen was yellow.

I use a generic that they sell at BWI. It works just as well. I think North Carolina State Univ. did some test between generic and brand name and there was only a few % difference in control.