Product called REVIVE

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by airborne1, May 8, 2003.

1. airborne1

airborne1 LawnSite Member

Does anyone use REVIVE?

If so what are what are your comments and feedback about this product?

It is a liquid fertilizer spray for neutrilizing salt and dog urine.
    Ratio is 32ozs per 2500sf.

2. Here is a link to our extension office article on dog spots. After trying many things over the years, I agree with them.
    http://www.ext.colostate.edu/ptlk/1503.html

About Revive
    If you are talking about the same Revive made in Denver, it is available in liquid or granular. It is sold as an organic soil builder with an added wetting agent.
    I haven't seen any claims in their advertising that it works for dog spots so we may be talking about different products.

Revive is used by True Green here, I looked at the product and decided to go with a different wetting agent.

3. NJemerald

NJemerald LawnSite Member
    from NJ

What about using Gypsum on dog spots?
    Would that help leach the salt through quicker?
    I've heard of people using Gypsum along walkways and roads to reduce damage from winter salting.

4. I've tried it and didn't see that it really worked. I believe water would give best results.
    Best bet is to train the dog to use one area only.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been wondering the same about this stuff. Bob what do u use besides that? Thanks Chris

6. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Old Dick Miller and Evergreen used that Revive. When he sold to False Green they ran with Revive here in Texas. These folks had been sold a "quick green" app of Revive. LOL...it no queek green...

7. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

Revive works great when having to deal with drought conditions and water restrictions, it is an organic soil treatment that loosens the soil and allows for better water penetration. Be careful when using the granular product though, because it does have some iron in it.