Product for killing grass in Lyrope

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Pastures, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

What can I use for killing fescue established in Lyrope?

Preferably a spray.........

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Fusilade 2 It is designed to control Bermuda but it will also knock out fescue if you double the concentration.

Will take a while to kill the fescue once the temps start to drop.

If there isn't much fescue then mix up a little roundup and get a paintbrush or q-tip and get to work.

3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Ornamec

4. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you, NCSUL!

I've had good success with Image, and have never tried Ornamec.
    Maybe I'll give it a go next time...

5. GreenWorks Inc.

GreenWorks Inc. LawnSite Member

I've used roundup to take out weeds and grass in lariope for years and have never harmed the non target plant. Make sure you have a license before using any pesticide. This is required by most states. John

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Liriope mascari is not effected by Roundup. However Liriope variegatium will be effected. Yes there are many plants that will not be effected by Roundup. Learn which ones in you area are not effected and you will save Time and Money.

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

A note on the glyphosate ... we use Lesco's Prosecutor, recently switched to prosecutor pro, same as roundup pro. Started burning down the muscari at a 3oz/gal solution. If it's the pro, I would cut it down to 2oz or so.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

CSRA

Prosecutor and Roundup Pro are not the same. Yes same active, different surfactants. Prosecutor and many other knock offs are in fact made by Monsanto with the old Roundup formula.

I use 1.5 oz per gallon of Roundup Pro for most of my over the top.

9. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Ric, I didn't realize that. Does the different surfactant really make all that much of a difference? I would think it would still be a nonionic.

I wasn't off by too much w/the 2oz figure. :rolleyes:

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yepper Do Surfactant can make all the difference in the world. That is the only difference between Roundup and Rodeo. Same active

I still buy Roundup Pro and pay a little bit more.