1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

product review "gator magnum trimmer line"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Jul 24, 2001.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I ran out of line today and I picked up a roll of .95 gator magnum line.

It rained so I dont have a full report yet, but, on big stuff I was very disappointed. It would weld itself and break very fast 4 times in half a spool I went on to use up what was left of Echo cross fire and no welds in the same material on the same machine. A fair evaluation same machine, same material. This is a fair ground that hasnt been line trimmed this year.

On a regular weekly account it seemed to work well, even edging, as best as I recall I dont think I feed as much line as I normally do.

The jury is still out till Ive used a spool.

On a scale of 1 to 10

tall stuff 3 regular?

Any one elses comments??

2. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I used it today just got in at 9aclock on a commercial acount, I though it worked very well i didn't have any welds all-day and it seems not to fray. Ill give it a 8 and crossfire a 6 ive got four more of the free giveaway spools but today i was impressed with it. Marks Mowing Service
  3. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

I have been using it for over a month. Best line I have ever used.
    Dose neither weld together nor fray at the ends. We actually have been using less line since it dose not fray.
  4. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I really liked the line. My dealer gave me a bunch of it to try out, and so far so good. Would I stick with it after the free samples run out?? I dont know, depends on the price I guess. It didn't break at all when I used it, I thought it was more durable. I give it a 8.5
  5. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Ok we used it today on regular accounts, a little fraying not much, worked well for edging and we didnt spool much ,so, on regular accounts I'll give it an 8. Whereas crossfire would have a 7.