1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Product suggestions when it is hot

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shady Brook, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Could I get some suggestions on good products when the temperature gets up in the 80's? Seems like there are many ester formulations out there, but I am having more difficulty finding product that looks safe and effective when the thermometer climbs. I hope there are other options besides Acclaim, I would have to mortgage my house to pay for 2.5 gal? Actually I am not sure if this is good to use when hot, just observed the salty price.

Anyone know of an online source for Momentum?

Thanks fellas
  2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Jay, if you don't have a Lesco by you, you have to run over here one day soon to really understand how to supply yourself. Call or email me before you come, and in 2-3 hours I could probably save you a few years of confusion.

And while online purchasing may sometimes save you a few bucks, the regular face to face contact with a decent, knowledgeble supplier will benefit you a lot more than that few bucks you save.

Learning about prices will just help you to price your services properly. You'll just charge more for an application that cost $20/gal to mix up than the service that costs 2¢/gal.
  3. groundkpr is right on about knowledgable salesman!!
    WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO CONTROL? Broadleaf ( hard to control when not activily growing) or grassy weeds?
    Aclaim can be used when hot. Applied biweekly to bentgrass putting greens in heat zone 7
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the advise. Here I thought My UHS and Helen Chemical Salesman with Degrees in Horticulture were more knowledgeable than my local Lesco's salesman with high school diplomas.
  5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Thanks Guys

Sounds great Jim, I appreciate it. I have to make my way over there for sure. I wish there was a Lesco close buy, but wishing don't make it so.

I did talk to a guy I will likely buy some product from, and he deals in the Gordon prodcuts. I know he carries Millenium Ultra, which I think is fairly close to the Momentum. He will likely be a good resource. I am having lunch with him on Monday, so I am looking forward to that.

I will defineately plan on a visit your way Jim, thanks again.