Professional Appearance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Forever Green Landscaping, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Forever Green Landscaping

Forever Green Landscaping LawnSite Member

How many people or allow their employees work without shirts on? I was wondering with the weather getting warmer and how other companies handled this situation?
    I have a company uniform and would defeat the purpose. Shirts (t shirt for labor and polo for foreman) and khakis pants

2. umsco226

umsco226 LawnSite Member

I have occasionally in some remote areas that we work, and only in the backyard.

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not allow that. We wear dry shirts and that helps.
    mike

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Moisture wicking polo shirts here. Looks very professional and keeps us cool.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I take pride in my impeccable farmer's tan...

6. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

Working shirtless is a big no no on professionalism. However, there is an LCO here who makes his guys wear maroon polos and khakis. To me that is on the extreme end for mowing a lawn. It's kinda like showing up to a job as a mechanic wearing a suit and tie.

7. Forever Green Landscaping

I have the moisture polos too but I wear a white undershirt which is soaking wet at the end of the day. I don't know whats worse shirtless or wearing a white tanktop (wife beater). Just wanted to know what everyone else thought on the topic and if it was just me being OCD on company appearance or part of the norm.

8. jason72g

jason72g LawnSite Member

We wear golf polos only...

9. Forever Green Landscaping

I do polos for foreman that hopefully a customer can see who to approach in the event of a problem or anything else that may need to be addressed

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Dickies, company shirts, and company hats (if it's not too hot). Sleeves are allowed to be rolled up in certain areas/properties.