Professional association?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by columbiaplower, Oct 26, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

are there any professional landscaping associations? if so name them

2. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

Just search Lanscape associations on the net. I know there are some I'm just not sure what they are or what they're called.
  3. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I'm sure you'll have local ones that I couldn't name for you, but nationally there's ALCA, ASLA, and several others that I'm not familiar with. I'm a member of some Wisconsin associations, but that likely isn't pertinent here.
  4. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

There are many national assoc.'s out there, but your best bet would probably be a state or county one. Try calling up your state extension service. They usually have a person who is local who is the 'horticulturalist' specailist for your area. They usually have all that kind of info.

I was a member of Alca, but unless you really plan on getting involved or have lots of time because you are turning out 10's of millions of business a year, they seem to not be of any great help. Local organizations are the best bet if you want to join one for the first time.

5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

For starters, you should consider joining the DC chapter of the PGMS. They are very active with lots of programs and outings to offer. The current president is a very nice person. Also, look into joining the state or local branch of the Nursery and Landscape Association. Be sure to attend MANTS in January and look at the associations who have booths there. Need more specific info--e-mail me.