"Professional Landscapers" What a joke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BrianK10, Mar 23, 2004.

1. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Hey All.

On the way home today, I saw these guys spreading mulch in the flower gardens of the Crown Gas Station thats on the corner of a major intersection near my home. I happen to be stopped right infront of them by a red light, and took a look at everything they were doing. Boy was I surprised. They would dump the mulch from their wheel-barrel, and kick the pile to spread it. Then, there was one guy who was walking around with a blower, blowing the excess mulch that fell on the pavement into the main road while cars were driving by. By this time, I HAD to find out who was doing the work. So I decided to turn into the station and see where their truck(s) were to hopefully see what the company name was. Come to find out, on the side of the station there was 1 Jeep Liberty, 1 beat up old Toyota pickup, and 1 Isuzu Rodeo with a 4x8 trailer hooked onto the back of it. The best thing about it was the magnets on all of the trucks, "Professional Landscaping. Quality Work Done At A Quality Price." Makes you wonder about people sometimes.

Oh well, thanks for your time. I just needed to tell someone about it. :) Cya Guys

Brian

2. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

YES YOU WILL BE SEEING ALOT OF THOSE KINDS AROUND. I CALL THEM TRAILIOR COURT LANDSCAPERS...

3. tedk

tedk LawnSite Member

hey, that was me...

4. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

I saw their other division yesterday, man spreading mulch the same way of a 4 x 8 trailer, however he towing with an expedition? Makes me wonder sometimes.

5. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Does any REAL professional name their company "Quality This" or "Professional That"? If you're really a professional, i dont think you'll have to call yourself this to reassure everyone that you're a pro. When i hear Quality or Professional as the name of their business, i immediately check them off as being a corner cutter or an economical crew. JMO

6. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

just wondering whats wrong with an expedition towing a trailer? or whatever cars where said.

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

brianK10,
    sounds to me that youre jealous because they got work and you don't. quit driving by watching everyone else work and go out and get yourself some work. just my 2cents.

lawnwizards.

8. lawnshark007

lawnshark007 LawnSite Member

I think I will pull a trailor with whatever I want...If I do the job and do it right. I will make a Yugo work. Who says I have to have a certain truck to pull equipment...make me laugh, eh?;)

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I try not to take shots at others' equipment, but shoddy workmanship is always fair game. As far as I'm concerned, there is no excuse for blowing, trimming, shoveling, sweeping any type of grass or material into a roadway. Highly unprofessional IMO.

10. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

I that Expedition had spinners on it....that was me :laugh:

just kidding, someone is always watching you, do it like you own it.