profit of $578.62

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ltlm, Feb 13, 2005.

1. ltlm

ltlm LawnSite Member

just sold our oldest cutter 15 years old kubota g1900 4wheel steer hydro. we stoped using it when it hit 12,500 hrs. i rebult the gear boxes --replaced all ball jionts tires --belts --ujionts slip yokes. and of corse gave the new owner all the spare new parts a had for it.he paid $3500.00 for it. heres the kicker ive used it comercial for 15 yrs ive only had under $ repairs so i made a profit $578.62 plus all the years of cutting and makeing money.
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

nothing like 15 years free usage, then profit when done, 0 cost equipment thats what we all would like.
    congrats. :D
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

The same things happpened to me a couple times. Most recently, I sold a walk behind. I bought it at an auction in April for $1500, in September I sold it for $1700. I never did much to it other than put gas in it, so its like it paid me $200 to use it for the summer! Gotta love it.
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We sold a mower two weeks ago. Bought it a couple of years ago for $980 and sold it for $2500. We never used the mower other than the kids driving it around the property for fun.
  5. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

All of that is called wise investing in yourself and/or your business. Take a deep breath..........wait............wait..............then do it again!!!!!!!!
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic