profit question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by shady dog, Jul 18, 2004.

1. shady dog

shady dog LawnSite Member

I recently finished a patio and I'd like to know if any of you have insite on my pricing, i.e., did I make a good profit? I charged the customer $13,750. Of that, $5620 went to material; $975 went to labor and equipment rental; I was left with $7155. This project took me two weeks with 140 man hours, most of which were my hours. Thanks for your replies. (I'd send a photo but I can't figure out how to do it...any of you know how?)
    -Shady Dog

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

as far as a by the hour figure, $51 an hour doesn't sound bad at all to me. I am not in the stone work though, and basing this on lawns. I'd say sounds like you did pretty good though. that's not a bad pace to set for yourself!

3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

$51.00 per hour is damn good, especially solo.......

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Shady dog:
    Here is an explanation on how to post a photo that chuck keough posted, I copied it here.

How to upload/post a picture
    Here are the basics steps.

1. Left click on Post Reply,
    2. Type a message or short note in the "Your Reply" area,
    3. Below the "Smileys" on the left going down the page you will see the area: "Attach file: to the right of that there will be a "Browse..." button, left click the button 1 time.

Now you will have a file from your hard drive open up.

4. Find the file/picture on your hard drive you want to post on LawnSite.
    5. Double click or left click to select the file/picture, then hit the enter key.
    6. You can then check your spelling or Submit your Reply.
    If you picture is within the parameters of LawnSite.com 800 x 600, your picture will be posted, if not you will get a message that your picture is too large.

If you get the message that your picture is too large you will have to resize the image. You must have a software program that allows you to edit/manipulate images.

If you still need help, you can e-mail the picture to me at Probably29@yahoo.com and I'll post it for you.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I'd say you did ok for doing most of it yourself.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

what was teh sq footage?

7. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Thanks for posting the man-hours ...kind of stuff i like.

Although I would question your labor costs ...I'd say your about right.

A real quick check for me....of course it depends on many variables(what material used, your company needs etc etc,) is 100 for every man hour. (including materials). That is usually a mix of hard and softscape.

Your 140 man-hours for 14 k works for me.