Profits Unlimited

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by STLlawnboy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

Has anyone bought any of the profitsareus.com cds and manuals. I am considering purchasing the know what you charge, and quick estimator excel spreadsheet to make my bidding process more uniform. I am getting into more commercial bidding and think this would help. Any feedback on any of this would be helpful.

2. dutchhook

dutchhook LawnSite Member

Ya Know,
    I haven't heard of him, but I did check out his website. It's like $400 for his full package. I don't know.
    There are some references from happy customers, maybe contact them first.
    I'm ALL for education, but have seen an awful lot of people offering C^^P.
    Tell me, what EXACTLY are you concerned about the commercial bidding, is it what you need to get per hour? or how to estimate a site?
    Even if you buy his program, if your need is how to estimate a site, and he only talks about overhead recovery and what you need to charge per hour, it isn't going to help!
    I'd tell the group here exactly what you're confident about bidding and exactly what you're nervous about. see what happens. I'm sure that guys program will be available a week from now if nobody helps!

Best of Luck!

Steve Hoogenakker
    Steve@Landscape.Pro

3. I know the guy, he also has a lawn service and he can tell you to the penney how much it costs to run any piece of equipment, he can tell you down to the second how long it takes to mow certain size areas. He runs a tight ship and he knows numbers real well. He does know what hes talking about. He is a member of lawnsite although I very seldom him on here.

4. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

I am trying to figure what i need to get per hour. That is why i was going to get the excel Titled "Know why you charge what" I believe it will help with cost recovery. It is only $70 I am not going to get the whole package. I have been asked to bid some larger properties and if my hourly cost is too low by even a $5 I am loosing out on money and maybe not be charging enough to cover my cost.