Program to find out the GPM of a system.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LawnMastersTx, Jun 4, 2008.

1. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

I have looked around (Google, these forums) for a program that will find the GPM of an existing system. I had no luck and was wondering if anyone of you know of one?

If not, i am going to create one to add to my website so people can use. Reason behind making it is to show customers how much money they would save if they switched over to more water efficient heads. It will have all the sprinkler heads information stored in a database so customers/other irrigators will just have to select the head/nozzle, how many, system run time, PSI and it will output the GPM of the zone. There will be many more options to come, like adding water prices of different locations and a lot more.

But if anyone knows of a program for this it would save me a ton of time at night :sleeping:

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Water meter, plus stopwatch. Apply long division. And there you have your GPM.

Beyond that, write your own program. I got one for free off the internet, but whatever I input, the answer always seems to be Shrubblers.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If you have a quick couple or some way to access the system, these work neat.
    Every one should have one, IMHO. www.betterwaterind.com
    Look for the "Sentry I Flow Meter.

4. nylan8888

nylan8888 LawnSite Member

Mike , where can I buy one, I can't seem to find a purchase link.

5. Ditto.. this is what I do as well. The IPhone has the coolest stopwatch feature. Then figure the sq footage of the watering area for your application rate.

6. Mike Leary

Your supply house should be able to get them, mine did. Throw away the dweeb psi
    gauge & get a liquid-filled version. I have no idea what the Texan & New Yorker are
    talking about. :dizzy:;):drinkup:

7. NOT PSI HE IS TALKING GPM

8. Mike Leary

Always use caps when making a point, more attention is always paid.
    The unit I suggested measures both psi & gpm, the PSI gauge is air &
    liquid-filled is more accurate. :hammerhead:

9. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

read meter
    subtract difference
    divide the difference by how long the run time

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

gallons per what?