Programs?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Jul 15, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what your programs consisted of. The steps and products used.

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Most of us are University trained. There you learn that cow manure is cold, horse manure is hot, sheep manure is good for acid loving plants. You learn that animals are not bad and bees are good. After you graduate you go into the field and get dirt (smell it-taste it-look at it) and take it to the extention agent and find out what is wrong with it and put the right sh*t on it. In late winter you put pre-emergent to keep the seeds in the sh*t from sprouting in the winter and in the spring you do it all over again but putting different pre-emergents from Dow Chemical, Agro Chemical, PBI Gordon Chemical, etc to boost the correct sh*t that you got from the agent. In the summer we take these big hoses and machines to put down more chemical sh*t on the grass from various sources like Lesco, Co-ops, Agricultural supply companies that makes the grass grow and turn so green that needs to water to keep it alive and must be watered so deep that the home owners water bill has to have a mortgage. Come Autumn--I start all over again with same grass, same dirt, and same old sh*t from customers that don't know sh*t from dirt.
    Probably not what you wanted to hear, but the truth...

3. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

so what you are saying is its just a bunch of ****.....

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

ROFL ... this thread gave me a good laugh !!