1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Progress Lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by bobcat175, Jan 22, 2007.

1. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

Any pros/cons to this manufacturer for path lighting?
  2. bobcat175

Any ideas if this style will have too much upward lighting for a walkway? Looks like no top shade would allow more light to go up and catch people's eyes....anyone agree/disagree? Anyone use a similar style with good results?

3. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry no one jumping into offer you some help. I have never used the fixture. Haven't talked with anyone who has used for any length of time to give you any informed opinion. hard to say on glare issue. The best advice I could give you is to look it at night. Are you looking to replace these??? did you install them?? Just curious why you're asking about them. Do tell :)
  4. bobcat175

I have a chance to purchase them. Good deal :
    12 of them +
    12 stakes
    12 capsules
    100ft cable
    300w transformer
    photo eye
    all for $450.

Just not sure that the style is right....but then again the extras are still worth it.
  5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Progress lighting is about the same as Malibu!! Run, very fast from it!! The fixture that is pictured is a glare bomb and would not be a proper path/spread light.
  6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats not something I would install unless I was building a runway in my yard. They whole idea of the "shades" on other lights is to minimize the glare and add style to the light.

Never heard of progress lighting tho. If Paul says its like malibu you should high tail it out... 450 aint a good deal on malibu quality stuff
  7. bobcat175

Thanks for confirming the glare issue. And thanks for the quality warning....I'll stay clear of it...