Project @ Home

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MarcSmith, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

ok...here is the old homestead
    First pic is shortly after move in, second pic is abut 2 years later when I started the front step and wall project, the last pic is the finished project, although I did pull down and tighten up the wall after this pic was taken

My next project with int he next 2 weeks will be to remove the 2 layers of asphalt and install 6x6 tumbled pavers for the drive way.

The driveway is the last project, I will have done the following to the house, Siding, windows, all new exterior doors, new HVAC, full remodel inside, kitchen bath rooms, tile floors, paint, and all new trim inside as well...I'll wait until the dog dies and the daughter moves out to do the carpet. Its almost a new house again...

I will also tear out some of the front step area to straighten it out i had some weird settling after a water leak...

home2000.jpg

home2002.jpg

home2003.jpg

2. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

look great:clapping:

3. MarcSmith

i should be getting 14 pallets of pavers dropped off today or tomorrow....My wife thinks I'm nuts and I'm acting like a kid in the candy store....

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Any better pics of the walk/stoop?

Chris

5. MarcSmith

Yeah I'll take a couple when the pavers get dropped...Especially now that all the plants are grown up...grasses and nandinia and some salvia and some hosta and a few pots.

Heck you just want to see my crooked steps...:)

6. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

cgland needs to get a part time gig as a photo analyst . that guy does not miss $hit. lol

7. MarcSmith

always better to learn form others mistakes than make them on your own...

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't be a very good hardscaper if I did. The quality of a job is in the details.

Chris

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Shhhhhhhh keep it down!! We do not want EVERYONE to know that!!

10. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe the way im looking at it, but the wall doesent look right. Is it the product or is there gaps between it. Also it looks like one block is very un level where it was stepped. Im probably wrong because chris would of picked up on it.
    mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.