Project of the Century E-450 Dovetail

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by flatlander42, May 12, 2011.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Would that be the greater Omaha area?

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

no, I'm talking south central of the state itself. :waving:

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Been down US183 once and across I-80 more times than I can count, seems to be alot of cows and corn out that way, and very flat.

4. materialmovers

materialmovers LawnSite Member

I know where you got the chassis part from since I live 30 mins to the west of that. Do you live in that same town? You did a really nice job, and I am sure it will work fine out here.

5. flatlander42

You must be in GI? If so, you may see me on Wednesdays here perty soon.

6. flatlander42

Pic#1- Turns out I'm a wussy. I wanted to make sure my ramp wouldn't be falling off and hurting anybody, so you can see the chains I bolted to it for the "just in case" factor. The chains have a 800lb working load limit. I figured it would be plenty.

Also in pic #1 you can see the mounting tabs for the STT lights that will be mounted down there. (far right of the tag)

Pic #2- I just used some eye bolts and opened them up, slid the tag in and closed them back tight. That seemed like the easiest way to put the plate on the back.

I am not afraid of people seeing my plate numbers locally, or in person....I just don't think they need to be posted online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. flatlander42

I love me some LED's!!!!

Just wait till I get the lights on the rear of the dovetail wired in to. It will be SUPER bright!! If I get a-holed, there will be no excuse!

The ones on the rear of the truck will be the same as the ones up high. And yeah, you can see the tail and center marker through the mesh. I love that personally. That way IF I'm on the road for some reason with the ramp down people can still see my lights. Because the ramp will completely cover up the lower lights.

[​IMG]

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

This truck is awesome!

9. flatlander42

Thanks! I'm excited to be able to use it soon!

10. flatlander42

Does anybody see any "flaws" or anything that you would like to point out? Or even want to speak up?

Tell ya what, I really thought there would be more posts by other people than there was by me. I'm kinda bummed by the overall quiet crowd.