1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Project of the Century E-450 Dovetail

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by flatlander42, May 12, 2011.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Ahh, what the heck. I'll post up a pic of my MB and the nice job it does.

[​IMG]

2. flatlander42

just another shot of the truck out working.

[​IMG]

3. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

That does look nice. Good luck with the new mower!

4. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

i am not sure flatlander but do you not use the weights on the big dog? if you take it off you should get much better traction.....also on hills going side ways try...doing them with full tanks of fuel and slide your seat back as far as possible.... if your weights are on the mower its almost impossible the hill cut.the real trick si to keep the front wheels way above the rear ones.......about 45 degrees up hill, it makes for ok stripes.....but gets you finish

i feel sorry for you guys and walkers.....6700 gets a MB here.....what are you paying there?.....pics look good
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. flatlander42

I was lifting tires with the weights on....wouldn't that really make the front come up, like dangerously high?

6. XLS

not really .....if it is safe to mow in the first place.......understandi dont know your hills so i cant say...but i have never had a wide mower flip on a smooth hill....and it is common for the high wheel to bobble due to light weight. it is all about balance over the rear wheels and anything up front is a negative .
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. flatlander42

Well, my buddy got the old radiator out last night and the new one 85% put in. Should be buttoned up tonight! After using the truck/van for a few weeks I sure do miss it allready!

8. XLS

what happened to the radiator???? pin hole?

9. flatlander42

Leaked all the way across the top. Between the plastic and aluminum. The guys that I got it from must have gave me a scab there too....nice.

10. cgm147

cgm147 LawnSite Member

so how do you like you red hustler? lol the rep had one on his trailer a few months ago nice project looks great!!