Project of the Century E-450 Dovetail

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by flatlander42, May 12, 2011.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet, i like projects like this.

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

No matter how much welding I have done. I can't get myself to totally trust what I make. So I tend to over build things....you'll see in some of the later pics!!!

3. flatlander42

This project won't disappoint....I promise!

4. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

What type of welder are you using? hopefully your sticking with an arc welder for a stronger weld, but migs are fast! I love the idea keep us posted with pics as you go!

5. flatlander42

I'm using a Hobart Handler 187.....w/o looking that number may be wrong. That is a MIG welder for those that don't know. But when it is cranked up it is supposed to be good for 5/16" single pass. And I have been beveling and doing multi pass welds. So I know I have good penetration, and I don't grind off welds unless there is clearance reasons. So overall, I am confident for the most part....just that tiny voice in my head that just worries all of the time!!!

6. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

Hey when you figure out the audio post on this site could you blow the siren a few times for us that are watching?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Subscribed!

8. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Great thread, love these types of project. I couldn't do it if my life depended on it!
    SUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. flatlander42

Sorry, but they stripped this thing down before I bought it! It does not even have a radio....the am/fm one!

10. flatlander42

My Wife thinks the exact same thing! haha