Lawn Care Forum banner

Project residential compact rig. Build

18K views 47 replies 22 participants last post by  unkownfl 
#1 ·
Planning on turning this into a nice small compact rig to hold some debris, 48" Wright and a 32" Gravely. Here are the inital pictures of the bed removed. I will be adding more photo as the build goes. BTW I will build one if anyone is interested. Should take us 2 days to complete this setup and I will be building a heavy duty unit possibly capable of dumping.

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm doubt the length of frame to fit a 48" stance, 32" WB, a dove tail AND a dumping platform..(I'm guessing side dump?)
Posted via Mobile Device

#8 ·
I'm doubt the length of frame to fit a 48" stance, 32" WB, a dove tail AND a dumping platform..(I'm guessing side dump?)
Posted via Mobile Device
This will not be a dump. This is just a small residential mowing platform. 88" wide 7.5ft long flat plus 18-24" dove and 6ft bi-folding gate. Waiting on my airbags to come in. I may move the rear axle back, but I'm going to wait until it's done and then scale each wheel and see how it is distributed first.

#11 ·
Only got to work on it for a few hours today. I had to get a new chop saw and then trim some palms and a spring clean up today. Got the deck done and the upper rail is done. Started working on the dovetail got it setup. I went with an 18inch dove and going to make a bi-folding 6ft ramp.

#17 · (Edited)
I like this setup, I built one on my 1500 last spring and love it. My only question, are you using all 1.5" or 2" angle? Doesn't seem beefy enough but I very easily could be missing something.....
1.5x1.5 3/16 I will be running a 3x5 square tubing on the front and rear frame across. I looked through your build and thought yours was pretty "beefy". I have bigger trucks for anything other than just mowing and hedge trimming. I still have to add in more support for the dove too. I just framed it out while someone was there to hold some stuff. Could you put a ztr rider on yours without scraping?

#19 ·
id love to fab a removable pin-on dove tail for my dump truck so i can run everything out of one truck and get rid of trailering the 16ft trailer around . It would make everyhting so efficent. I could dump everything in the front(11 ft bed) and use the back 8 feet for the mowers and still have 3 feet of dove tail for wiggle room.

I love the work youve done, perfect for small narrow streets.

#26 ·
Still would like to know what gauge of steel you're using. Also, the width might be concerning. I can see 6 inches each side of the cab. Anything more than a foot, then you'd be better off going with 80" wide on a half ton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.