Project residential compact rig. Build

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by unkownfl, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm very interested in this project!! Any more updates?
  2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I will post when something else gets done. I've been busy with Sod lately and haven't had time to work on it. I'm building some under mount handheld slots. Still waiting on getting it painted. I just took all the windows out and moldings. Now I have to build a temp spray booth.
  3. mcc7

mcc7 LawnSite Member

Updates?? I've been very interested to see how this turns out.
  4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

So what happened.
  5. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think he is still letting the suspense build!!! Alright unkownfl - let us see it!!!!! I hope this year is starting out well for you.
  6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

His wife made him put the bed back on and go get a real job.
  7. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

8. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I know a few people have been probably looking at this for their inspiration and I figured I would update everyone. The last picture with the mower on the back is about as far as it got besides I painted it all black. I ended up going back to work for someone and I also had to move while working 6-12hr shifts out of town so it got sold for dirt cheap. I seen it on CL not to long ago but it had the bed removed. Also, someone painted the whole truck with a roller it looked like in Melbourne, FL. I'm going to build a ranger out with an insert instead of a full flatbed so I can make it an extreme eco rig. I've been using it to haul my mowers around getting mileage estimates and I've been netting around 22-24mpg. I expect it to drop when I put the racks and insert in some.