1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

project topics?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mdb landscaping, Jan 28, 2002.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i am taking a landscape plant maint. course at the university of CT, and i need to do a 15 min presentation on anything related to the landscape. does anybody have any good topic ideas for me? it can be anything from the proper way to install edging, to what type of mulch is best used in landscape situations? thanks ahead of time for your time and comments.
  2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I had to do an 8 minute demonstration speech for college communications course, Did it on how to use a shovel. 9 1/2 minutes into it my prof, gave me the hi sign. Point is pick something simple and do a detailed and entertaining presentation, Have fun with it!
  3. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

I recently attended a seminar on pond biology and the speaker did an attention grabbing bit on the sexual habits of slugs. Getting the audiences attention is the most important element of any presentation, not neccesarily the information presented. Make it fun, whichever topic you should choose.