1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Projected Goals

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassroots lawn, Jan 27, 2006.

1. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

Just Wanted To Find Out What Most Lawn Svs. Consider A Good Retention Rate,and Along With That A Good Increase In New Clients..starting New It Would Give Us An Idea What To Shoot For..any Suggestions For Advertising,or Anything That Could Help Someone New In The Lawn Care Bus..(prev Worked For Lg. Lawn Care Co.) Thanks Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
  2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the opportunity last season to purchase application accounts (our first season) I declined. Starting from absolute zero I met with rep from ProSource One and decided to order enough product to cover five acres of turf, going into this year we will need for existing customer base only enough product to cover around 30 acres of turf. I expect this to continue to grow, applications almost sell themselves if you understand the product you are applying, do a good job, and above all are legally able to do this (i.e. proper certifications). I found business really picked up for me when it came time to control broad leaf and ground ivy, a neighbor would see us doing an application and boom there we were at their property doing one.
  3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

You are almost like bait fish as a indivdual business owner in this side of the business. Where as you usually only may had 5-8 competiors in one area. Plus the majority of consumers are really tired of the major franchises. When they see a new business doing it they call. Oh boy do they call. This is my first year going public.(meaning making it known we are doing apps.) we used to only do it for our exisiting customers. We have seen a huge interest even at this time of the year. As far as rentention rate from what I have discovered when doing mass production keeping about 82-85% is good.