1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Projection Sheet for you guys.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by EagleLandscape, Dec 11, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I use this excel spreadsheet to help me plan out my budget. It's great. I love this site! I thought I would share this, just plug in your numbers and it will shift it all around for you guys. If you have any questions, just ask me. It's pretty simple though. My projections for 2004 are already in this sheet just to give you guys an idea of what my plans are for next year. Thanks all.

Attached Files:

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Thank you for sharing.It's nice to see fellow entrpreneurs sharing ideas and their knowledge.
    Take care!
  3. 365years

365years LawnSite Member

New in the business. This is a spreadsheet I originally developed when submitting for venture capital and bank financing a few years ago, and have adjusted it for LCO analysis. It has ratios that many investment banks use (not all work for service industry). These also tied to detailed market analysis. I got a lot of great feedback, but couldn't get the business we wanted. Had $1.5M in venture locked up with 1.5M in guaranteed government loans. We tried to buy a company in bankruptcy, but a competitor convinced the judge the building was worth $1M, so his bid was highest by $200K ($2.3M vs. our $2.1M). Needless to say the competitor cleared out the place, laid off 75+ employees, and the court sold the building for $100K.

So now with many other failed attempts at business, I am trying an LCO. This one will succeed as this is a great sight for help, I already have knowledgable associates, and it will be in smaller steps.

Be a little careful with the calculations. I don't know if all work correctly. I was just playing around with it to see what assumptions would give me a positive NPV (a scenario analysis).

Attached Files:

• lco.xls
      File size:
      109 KB