Lawn Care Forum banner

ProLandscape Software by Drafix

138K views 189 replies 83 participants last post by  xtreem3d 
#1 ·
I am sure a lot of you are familiar with this line of software. This company is one of our new sponsors at LawnSite. If you have not had the chance to demo their software, I suggest you visit their site and send away for a free demo. It is top of the line, easy to use, and extensive....I have demo'd the software and I know several install pros who live and die by it. Check them out today - their graphic banner is at the top of the site or go to www.prolandscape.com - intense software!

#3 ·
One of my old clients was a landscape architect (retired now).... showed him a demo of ProLandscape a year ago (not newest version)....he practically broke down in tears (not really)....but he was amazed...he is from the old, old school....where everything was meticulously hand created, and if it needed done over and over again, so be it.....he said that this software gives more power and more options to anyone with a computer and mouse than he had in 37 + years.....

#6 ·
I just recieved the CD in the mail today. It looks like great software, however i'm still hestitant to purchase it simply because of the fact that they do not provide an installable demo version of the software. they should offer a 15-30 day trial copy like gopher does with their software (which is great by the way.)

#9 ·
Originally posted by BSDeality
I just recieved the CD in the mail today. It looks like great software, however i'm still hestitant to purchase it simply because of the fact that they do not provide an installable demo version of the software. they should offer a 15-30 day trial copy like gopher does with their software (which is great by the way.)
That's interesting,I just got the CD and I thought that's what I recieved. I obviously haven't used it yet but I was expecting software to play with. Most "demo's" are capable of running but won't save or print etc.

Apparently my time was wasted.

#10 ·
I have it and i love it. i got the demo thought i could try out the program be i couldnt. so i just sayed what the hell i bought and tried out aftera week a got rid of all my other programs just like it

#12 ·
Just out of curiosity, how much does that program cost? What my thinking is is I'm going to buy a laptop + the software (depending on price, depends on which software I buy), and when a customer wants a design, I'll create it, show it to them, and give them a diskette copy to keep as their own. Since 90% of homes have a computer, I figure that a diskette is cheaper than printing everything out and using all that color out of my printer. What are your thoughts everybody?

Chris

#13 ·
My question about the software is how one arrives at a standard 24"x36" plan without a special printer. Drawing by hand, I typically use 1/8 or 1/4" = 1' scale, and sometimes have difficulty just fitting everything on a 24"x36" sheet. I suppose you could enlarge from a standard 8.5x11 sheet on an oversize copier, but a lot of detail would be lost. (???)

#14 ·
Can you use this software for paver and retaining wall layouts? Can you take a digital picture and insert a new driveway or patio with a basket weave pattern? I am mostly into hardscaping and I am having a hard time finding software to assist me selling jobs. I might occasionally do a plant design and install, but mostly I am installing patios, drives, and walls. Are there many options for my type of work if I use this software?

Dan

#15 ·
Pro Landscape is the most versitile product for the hardscape industry that I have ever used. It does alow you to do 3d photo editing. Some of the paterns they have are pretty good, and you can download hundreds of block paterns off the web from different block manufactures

#16 ·
I just recieved the product demo and really think it would be awesome. To you guys that have this program how hard is it to build the house in order to design around it. I have some cheap programs and you spend more time trying to build the house to design around than you do actually designing the landscape. Do you get your best result taking a pic of the house and then disigning onto the pic.

#20 ·
cvln you posted that you can dowload patterns from manufacturers? will this work with a program like visio 5.0? how do i go about that? i should have bought an expensive program to begin with, but couldn't and i have sold jobs with the cheap stuff so it worked out. i bought ep henry software and you can't make a 2d plan with it, you can only take a picture of the house then import it in. it sounds good but pictures from far away enough to show a whole driveway tend to look to small with a basic digital camera.

#23 ·
which program is the best bang for your buck...i dont feel its necessary to buy the one for 1,300.00 ..?

#25 ·
I have been using Pro Landscape since I went solo with my landscaping business and I can not imagine using anything else. The software is not only state of the art and helps boost sales, but the customer support is timely and extremely helpful. My computer got a virus and I lost some Pro Landscape info, and they helped me out immediately. Thanks Pro Landsape!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.