ProLandscape Software by Drafix

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. GrandMaster

GrandMaster LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Its not bad. Same as most looks great on paper.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Just wanted to give Pro-Landscapes a big thumbs up! Thumbs Up

Just this past couple of months, our CPU finally bit the dust and we were still running version 11.

So, with a new CPU, we were needing to upgrade the design software to version 18 whether we liked it or not.

Dave gave us a credit for the license transfer from buying the program 5 years ago along with the memorial weekend sale they had on Pro-Landscapes.

On top of it, they were able to spread the payments out over 3 payments to help better absorb the cost of the new program considering we had to drop the money on a new CPU.

So thanks Pro Landscapes! I'm in love with the updated program!

3. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Is anyone using Pro Landscape on a Mac?

4. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

We have it on an ipad. It's so/so. You can take your pics with the ipad, and quickly work something up while on site with a client. You don't have the full access to the entire plant library though. You have to go through on your desktop and create your favorites list - this is what gets downloaded to the ipad for use in the field.

5. action1

action1 LawnSite Member

How long did it take you to get proficient at using this software? Does it support irrigation? I need a program that will do landscape, irrigation, and lighting.

6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

There is a learning curve, but Pro does an excellent job of not only great phone support for any questions, but they have an extensive amount of tutorials to view that come with the program.

I don't think you can add in irrigation to the image editor, but I know it's in the planner side of the program.

In the image editor, you can add lighting and adjust every aspect of it.

7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,
    So my pc bit the dust so I had to upgrade and am now thinking about getting pro landscape instead of a newer version of Realtime Landscaping. To those of you who have been using it over the course of a few years, do you regret the purchase. It seem that most are extremely pleased with it, but I am concerned that I have zero experience with CAD. Are the classes and tutorials aimed towards beginners or towards somewhat advanced users. Thanks.

8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

its not hard to learn or pick up at all.. my only gripe is the limited use and editing of images on the image editor side... I mostly use the design (cad) and proposal elements however... it's awesome... no ones proposals look as good or are as clearly defined as mine.

9. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Anyone care to share some designs created with the program?

10. ByDesignCO

ByDesignCO LawnSite Member

That would be great for us night owls, who can't contact cust. support during the day.