ProLandscape Software by Drafix

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

The tutorials that come with the program and customer support will help you out. Like said before, there is a learning curve, but with any cpu knowledge, you'll pick it up in no time.

Agreed, but with the newer versions, the image side of the program is getting easier to use and adding more perspective for clients. Even if it isn't exact, they still see get an idea of the final outcome. One project produced 40k in business, even if the image editor design images were rough, it still showed the client the potential.

Dealing with a lot of snow right now, as soon as I get a chance, I'll post some images. Click through my link for my thread to see old images on the old version.

Agreed, 24 hour support would take it to the product to the next level.....

2. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I don't know if this will work. I never posted a picture before, which will tell you how computer literate I am.

3. oqueoque

Male, from NJ

That didn't work. Does anyone have experience with uploading files. The ones that are with ProLandscape are plp files & I do not see that type of file listed when I went to manage attachments. Maybe I'll ask this question in the question forum. Besides this the design software is great so far. I have only fooled around with it a couple of days. I bought it the end of December. i have no experience with CAD or other design software. I went to college for Architecture n the 70's & did everything by hand. ProLandscape is so much faster. I can do something in an hour that a 3D rendering would take a day.

4. White Gardens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. White Gardens

You have to export the file to a PDF or JPEG. Just go to file, and hit Export.

6. oqueoque

Male, from NJ

I will try it again.

7. oqueoque

Male, from NJ

I think I have figured out the picture loading, so here it goes.

32 kraft 1st draft.jpg

32 kraft 4th draft.jpg

32 kraft 5th draft.jpg

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use Drafix before switching to Viz-Terra so this might not apply to newer versions but in example #3 it looks like "Maple" ( maybe it's something else) was chosen in Autumn and the rest of the landscape is summer foliage..so to me it looks a bit odd, not a knock at all just bringing it up. ,
    Steve

9. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

This was one of my biggest issues with the software.... it shows all plants in flowering stage. I just explain that to the clients and it all works out. They're usually just happy with seeing their personal property in a nice rendering like that.

10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

I agree completely...plus I think it's fun to use software like this