ProLandscape Software by Drafix

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have sold all my designs using this software so far
  2. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, how much does that program cost? What my thinking is is I'm going to buy a laptop + the software (depending on price, depends on which software I buy), and when a customer wants a design, I'll create it, show it to them, and give them a diskette copy to keep as their own. Since 90% of homes have a computer, I figure that a diskette is cheaper than printing everything out and using all that color out of my printer. What are your thoughts everybody?

3. hoodidoo

hoodidoo LawnSite Member

My question about the software is how one arrives at a standard 24"x36" plan without a special printer. Drawing by hand, I typically use 1/8 or 1/4" = 1' scale, and sometimes have difficulty just fitting everything on a 24"x36" sheet. I suppose you could enlarge from a standard 8.5x11 sheet on an oversize copier, but a lot of detail would be lost. (???)
  4. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

Can you use this software for paver and retaining wall layouts? Can you take a digital picture and insert a new driveway or patio with a basket weave pattern? I am mostly into hardscaping and I am having a hard time finding software to assist me selling jobs. I might occasionally do a plant design and install, but mostly I am installing patios, drives, and walls. Are there many options for my type of work if I use this software?

5. CVNL

CVNL LawnSite Member

Pro Landscape is the most versitile product for the hardscape industry that I have ever used. It does alow you to do 3d photo editing. Some of the paterns they have are pretty good, and you can download hundreds of block paterns off the web from different block manufactures
  6. jd4310

jd4310 LawnSite Member

I just recieved the product demo and really think it would be awesome. To you guys that have this program how hard is it to build the house in order to design around it. I have some cheap programs and you spend more time trying to build the house to design around than you do actually designing the landscape. Do you get your best result taking a pic of the house and then disigning onto the pic.
  7. LawnGuy77

LawnGuy77 LawnSite Member
    from 99202

I was wondering if anyone could burn me a copy of this program??
  8. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

I sure hope not!
  9. LawnGuy77

LawnGuy77 LawnSite Member
    from 99202

Hey Larry. Whats THAT suppose to MEAN????!!!!!!!
  10. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

cvln you posted that you can dowload patterns from manufacturers? will this work with a program like visio 5.0? how do i go about that? i should have bought an expensive program to begin with, but couldn't and i have sold jobs with the cheap stuff so it worked out. i bought ep henry software and you can't make a 2d plan with it, you can only take a picture of the house then import it in. it sounds good but pictures from far away enough to show a whole driveway tend to look to small with a basic digital camera.