1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

ProLandscape Software by Drafix

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Sean Adams, Jul 16, 2004.

1. lukachuki

lukachuki LawnSite Member

Looks like a great program. I went to the website and couldn't find any really good pictures. Could some of you guys take a screenshot of some of your projects that you did and sold just so we could get an idea how good it looks.

Thanks.

Tim

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try out Dynascape, it's better..

3. TurfStriper

TurfStriper LawnSite Member

which program is the best bang for your buck...i dont feel its necessary to buy the one for 1,300.00 ..?

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

looks like that dynascape is $2500!

5. ABlaze

ABlaze LawnSite Member

I have been using Pro Landscape since I went solo with my landscaping business and I can not imagine using anything else. The software is not only state of the art and helps boost sales, but the customer support is timely and extremely helpful. My computer got a virus and I lost some Pro Landscape info, and they helped me out immediately. Thanks Pro Landsape!

6. bremboabc

bremboabc LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I would like to know if anyone has used the Lighting capability of this software? We design and install low-voltage landscape lighting and will only be using it for marketing and documentation. Any experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. bremboabc

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

After purchasing the software, can we install it on two different computers? I would like a copy on my computer as well as my designer to have a copy.

Thanks
    Matt

8. rdt

rdt LawnSite Member
    from 27743

Drafix has a very good support staff. But the upgrades which should have been free was nonexsistant. For instance, we purchased there software three years ago. We do alot of commerical retaining wall systems and we prefer Versa-Loc retaining wall systems. We wanted to incorporate there tech data into our bid sheet. It was in DWF format, to our surprise the program would not open. It was supposed to open many other formats including DWF. We called Drafix support and inquired about our problem. They told us that the filters was outdated and we would have to upgrade to a newer version of there software. Something just didn't fit in my conversation with that company. He was very short with me and almost down right rude. So I made some calls around to other software companies and they explained many things that I didn't know when I purchased there software. We then purchased other design software and the regular upgrades are free including the filters.

If you do large commerical jobs and need Auto Cad designs incorporated into Pro Landscape, make sure Drafix will support newer file viewers. I do have to admit that there 3D images of plants and trees are just about the best on the market today.

9. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

How long does it take to become good with the program. I am afraid I would lose patience with it. After you have learned how long on average would it take to do the front of an average house? Are these programs quicker than by hand?

10. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

The planning softwar took me some time, I am fluent with AutoCad but it still took me 40 hours to get proficient with ProLandscape. The photo editing software? Took me all of about 5 minutes!

Dan