Proline Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikbro, Jul 11, 2008.

1. mikbro

mikbro LawnSite Member

I am wanting to purchase a 32-36" mower for getting through backyard gates. Does anyone know anything about Proline mowers?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about Toro Proline mowers? If not then can you please provide a link to the manufacturers website.

3. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Toro Proline's are solid machines. Most guys do great with 'em. I've beat the living crap out of my two, but they're certainly one of the best bang-for-the-buck mowers available. A belt drive T-Bar is a good machine. MY brother in law, LawnTamer has well over 4,000 hours on his first T-Bar...

4. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I love mine all of my machines are Toro and I love them all!

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

best wb $ can buy for belt driven

6. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

the toro t-bars are great mowers. i had a 36" and loved. one of the best belt drives ive ever owned, and i love the controls.

7. Impressions Landscaping

Impressions Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a 48" T-Bar Toro, with a 14 horse Kawi motor on it and its belt drive, let me tell you, this is the best mower I have ever used. I love the thing, you yank on the pull start and it doesn't even come out halfway and its running. It does take some getting used to with the T-Bar, I use it on some pretty hilly areas, but once you get the hang of it is real easy. The only complaint I have is it actually gets a little bouncy because it isn't the heaviest walk behind out there, and if your going up a hill it will "wheelie" if your not to careful with it. Good luck!

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I replaced some of the spacers on my front casters with 2.5# weights from a cheapo barbell set. Helped eliminate that issue.

9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive had mine(36" t bar) for 6 yrs now. Still runs and cuts great! The best money Ive spent on equipment. I have friends who run the 32" t bar and have had the same luck with them. I dont think you can go wrong with them.
    They can be used on little yards...if you get something bigger, put the sulky on and you can eat it up fast.

10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

dont know if i rad your reply correctly or not, but the 36" gear drive will pull a 200+lb guy just fine. i cant tell whether you meant if you get bigger properties or bigger mowers.