Proline Pistol Grip

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Ferrante/TDF, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Ferrante/TDF

Ferrante/TDF LawnSite Member

How do I adjust the controls on the pistol grip it seems that it wants to pull to one side and they don't seem as if there even

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know for sure. Just a friendly suggestion, please use punctiation, it makes discerning sentences MUCH easier. Thank you.

Someone who knows about your mower issue will be along soon to answer your question.

3. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this unit driffting of only a little to one side, maybe your rear tire pressures are off, for instance if your right rear tire has 30psi and your left has 20psi it will pull to the left. Try this first it is the easiest and cheapest fix. Hope this helps.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

A loose hydro drive belt could cause a tracking problem also, Sorry don't remember the joystick adjustments it's been too long since I done one.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What is the mower? I'm presuming it is hydro drive, right?

My Exmark has an adjusting knob that enables me to make fine adjustments, one wheel against the other. A turn on the knob will change the position of the hydro pump controls -- makes one wheel turn faster, the other slower. By fine-tuning, both wheels will be going exactly the same speed -- mower travels straight ahead.

Pistol grips should have nothing to do with the matter. The issue is getting the controls on the hydro pumps perfectly matched.