Prolockers and Canadian Laws

Discussion in 'ProLockers' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking in to prolockers for my trailer. Can some one tell me wether they meet MTO requirements? Also Im looking for a canadian dealer and apparently there is one in my city but they don't seem to in to "retailing" anything. Im in Burlington, Ontario.

2. ProLockers

ProLockers LawnSite Member

ProLockers meet and exceed the DOT and FMCSA requirements which are based on the North American Standard ruling for Cargo Securement Securement which is in effect in Canada as well as Mexico. ProLockers are currently available through Rittenhouse at or if you would be interested in ordering through our site at the freight to Canada is $30.00 just contact our office direct and we will arrange shipment. Thank you for your interest in prolockers and please feel free to contact me via e-mail at . Have a great day!

Thank you,
    Christina Quintero:headphones:
    ProLawn Equipment Sales, LLC
    (772) 229-1690
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I contact The Beaudry Group which is a Canadian distributor in my city actually and got the following reply:

"Yes though we are the dealer for this product we have as yet to receive the needed independent testing reports necessary to get the MTO required approval in place. As such, we are not currently selling this product until we can assure our customers of full compliance. If you wish to proceed with a purchase regardless of this approval you will have to contact Prolockers directly to arrange a shipment from the US."

The MTO's definition of properly secured is if the trailer is in an accident or over turns for some reason the cargo is secured enough that it will not go anywhere from its mounting on the trailer. I'm not really sure if one lock on the front wheel of a half ton ZTR would hold it on the trailer in an accident and there for do not think MTO would approve it or it alone as proper securing measures. Even thought I don't fully agree with the MTO on this and im sure the prolocker does a fine job at securing mowers I thought I would post this anyways.