Promises and aerations.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Oct 7, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have just ahd another aeration customer that told me they would hire me for it just hired the "others" What shpuld I do? None of these people even speak english and are getting all the jobs. :mad: I am tired of the competition. Should I just go and steal their jobs as they have done to me? one of the commandments was "steal onto others as they have stolen from you"

Please give me some good ideas.

Thanks,

Chris

2. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

helloooo.... gonna have to get over it. happens all of the time. I had it done to me early this year over a huge trimming job. I was p1ssed. What are you going to do - you cant MAKE them hire you.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Are you waiting a long time after you get hired to do the work? I usually try to get the job done asap. I've never had this problem, I dunno what to tell you. Usually when people committ, they are good for it.

4. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I print out an estimate on Quickbooks and give it to the customer. If they want the job done they sign both copies, one for me and one for them.
    I have never lost one that way. They just tell the competition that they are under contract.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Quickbooks estimate sheet? What version is that? Am I not getting the full potential out of my Quickbooks?

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

No, I actually do it asap.

7. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Its Quickbooks Pro. If you go to customers then to create estimate. Just like you do to create an invoice. Except choose create estimate.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

oh shoot, I only have Basic