Promotion frequency

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 23, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if many of u distribute multiple times in the same locale. Say once every 2 weeks, 3 weeks? I'm thinking many of the flyers I put out 2-3 weeks ago have been trashed since, A- they weren't as good as my current one and B- it's far too early to be cutting grass ( especially back then)! :rolleyes:

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The more the better, especially this time of year. Certainly every few weeks is not too much.

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

yep thats what im doing. Did my first drop 2 weeks ago. Will be doing that area again in about 2 weeks. Doing a new area on monday. So I rotate areas. I will be heavy flyering until may. Afterall spring is really just starting now for the north east.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, good. Then I won't feel silly for doing a few subdivisions 2, 3, or even 4 times for the ones near where I live. I'm hitting the ones closest to me hardest of course. I'm trying to stick within a 15-17 mile radius of my home.
    Does this sound about avg? I'm just really hoping to get at least 10-15 weekly customers although I'd love to have 20-30 or more to where I even could have a worker with me. Anybody do more than 4 rounds of flyers in the same houses/subdivisions?