1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Promotion Ideas

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by magicmike, Feb 19, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

lol I live right around there. Do you park in that storage spot with all the other landscapers? I was wondering how much they charge. I googled your company name and saw your website, it looks good who made it for you or did you do it yourself?

2. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

hmm... First Cut Free* When You Sign Up For The Whole Year.

*if it would be a double cut you would be charged for a single.

Something like that?

3. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Double cut first cut (if its high). Then your other 3 cuts for the month (assuming its weekly). Then apply 10 percent off on the total price for the month. Explain the need for the double cut and offer them the 10 percent off the first month. It should give them the sense that they are getting a deal of some sort. It's worked for me in the past. Not saying it will work for you but it's worth a shot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

No they we're insane!
    Thanks, i have a lot of plans for change but a family made it. Like us on facebook and we can meet up one day and exchange cards and refer some business to each other
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Holleywood

Holleywood LawnSite Member

I used to do the first now free when I first started out and what you would get is people saying ok then not wanting your service ever again . Even with a signed agreement how are you going to enforce it if they have told you to cancel or to hold off. What I do advertise now is : 1 mow free!!!!. Then I put in smaller print with three paid mows. This way you atleast make some money off of them right away and by the third mow you will know if they are gonna stick around or not. Just my 2 cents!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I like that first free with 3 mows. What about first cut free or 10%
    Off first month service with signing up for 2013 season?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Holleywood

Holleywood LawnSite Member

Well you have to kind of trick them. Don't put first mow free. Put 1 free mow or whatever service then you can put the small print