promotions for exmark mowers and hydro quote

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dlandscaping, Feb 11, 2002.

1. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i have seen ads for toro promotions giving away a free sulky and a bagger for $100, is exmark giving anything away with a purchase? i am looking at hydro walkbehinds in the 48-52 inch range and the exmark dealer is 25 min away and toro is 2 min away. i have done almost equal business with both and had received discounts only at toro. the exmark dealer doesnt move his prices, and with the discount i get and these toro incentives i am swingin more to get a toro hydro. They are both good dealers so price and these "freebies" are of some importance to me. i want to get the best mower for the money.
    also could i have the list prices for a tthp 48 and 52 inch mower? i never get a chance to talk to the dealer around here
    thank you exmark

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dlandscaping,

Thank you for your questions. As a manufacturer for the most part we try not to control or influence the retail pricing and promotions of our products. Instead we allow our dealers and distributors to approach these subjects individually based on their region.

My advice, price should enter into the equation along with performance, dealer support, and factory support. Your going to be using this machine for several years to come so make sure you buying the machine that will not only be reliable but comfortable and profitable. Don't put too much emphasis on price. Remember, if a product isn’t profitable neither is your business. Buy the one that will generate the most income for you.

List prices for the Turf Tracer HP 48" and 52" with pistol grips and a 17 hp Kawasaki are $4899 and $5099 respectively. For ECS add $100. You can also get electric start on the ECS models for and additional $200.

Demo the machines, I think you'll find the Turf Tracer a solid machine that will meet or exceed your expectations.

Thanks

Terry

3. dlandscaping

from mass

thank you for a quick response. I agree i should not be persuaded only by price but the toro is giving good deals on their new products (tru trak sulky and new zrt baggers) which i think to is to get these accesories into the market. The only problem i have with the toro is blowout when mulching with the sfs deck. I know exmark is known for mulching, but i want to know if adding a mulch kit to a mower adds to blowout. Right now i have a 48 lesco and the thing blows crap all over me even in lush lawns, on thin lawns with small patches of dirt, you cant even see me and i cant see the lawn. I know this is dangerous and i plan on selling this mower in order to get a new one. My question is that i was told with 3 blades, blowout will be caused, but due to the exmark baffle system will i have much blowout?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

dlandscaping,

Yes, adding a mulch kit will add to the amount of blow out you will encounter. The good news is that unless things are rather dry most operators feel it is acceptable. When things get really dry however mulching can be very dusty, then again in those conditions so is bagging and side discharging. You may find that you need to back the throttle off 1/4" in the really dry stuff such as fall leaves and you should see an improvement.

Even though you are going to increase blow out in dusty conditions with the mulch kit the good news it that with our mulching baffle design it should be substantially less than what you'll see with some other designs. The Exmark micro-mulch system encloses each blade into it's own chamber which not only increases the mulch quality but also helps reduce blow out. The depth of the mower deck is also important to reducing blow out and increasing mulch quality.

The mulch kit is just like anything else we offer. Get a demo, I'm confident you'll not only see better mulch quality than you are accustomed to but that you'll also see less blow out.

Thank you

Terry

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I run the mulch kits on all my eXmarks when cutting grass. Under normal conditions, the dust isn't bad at all. Thin turf areas it can get dusty. As far as grass blowout, nope, you don't get that. The mulching ability of these machines are unbelievable.

6. dlandscaping

from mass

now that i am on break from school i am going to go to exmark dealer around here and try out the ecs hydro. i am already having wrist problems for one full season of pistol grips and the tbar i have is really easy on my arms. the only thing that would now cause me not to get an Xmark is the controls so ill have to demo. i want to thank exmark for a quick response that answered all my questions and 65hoss for giving an honest answer to my major question. i really wanted the info from someone who makes their living sitting behind an Xmark machine.

7. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

UMMMMM..... do you have any idea where you are at?! You are on Lawnsite! If you were to post this Q on the commercial lawn care forum you would get all you could ask for and more!

P.S. Disregard this comment if you have already done so.