1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pronto from TSC.... effective?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by General Landscaping, Jun 9, 2006.

1. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Is Pronto from TSC effective as Round Up or other "brand name" products?

Is the price difference all in advertising costs?
    Is all glyphosphate the same when mixed to the same strength?

Here's a link
  2. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Check the percentage of active ingredient in the jug as compared to roundup. If they are the same percentage go with the cheaper. BTW Monsanto probably makes the glyphosate and packages it for TSC.
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

same as round up! you can find razor pro on ebay for $96 for 5 gal. I have used it and it works just as good as round up!
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The gly from TSC called Pronto is 41%. It works and works very well. I have used it for a few years now, and will continue. i AM interested in this Razor Pro, though. I am going to do a little research on it, and see exactly what (all) it is.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep..basically the same thing. ... even has the surfactant in it. And the $96 for 5 gallons is CHEAP! As long as you knew these things were unopened, it would be alright.
  6. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I have ordered 2 cases in the last year. they are factory sealed and unopened. I highly recomend trying it. I will be buying more.. the day I found it I had just paid $132 for 2 1/2 gal from lesco!
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Is ebay the only way to get that stuff?
    Btw, I use Pronto now and it works fine. I've never used any "Roundup" so I can't speak on that. I look for the higher ai.
    Anyone break the prices down to cost per ounce of recommended use? That's really what matters. I'm sure somebody has, I'd like to see it.