proof PITA customers are stupid!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mulcahy mowing, Aug 21, 2006.

1. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I have a client I have been mowing for for 2 years now they're a real PITA. But I have 2 lawns I do for them weekly +mulch every year so I keep them because the money is good. Now one of these lawns (her house) has a boarder in the back with another new home. in between there is a rock wall and weeds about 3' high now I leave these alone because they're not part of the weekly mowing. I have told her this would be extra but she wont have any of it. Now today I finally get her check (week late) and it say's "James i'll be taking $15 off the last mowing because the weeds were not cut" by this point i've had it with her $15 off?? i'm about to call and say lady your not worth my time. That is until I look at the checks. she's added $15 to both checks that came???? guess she's realy loosing it, well because I have an estimate going to her and I can i'll just tack that $15 on there thats $45 for doing nothing...

sorry just venting, I've had it with these stupid people really I have.

2. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I know the type, just consider it 15.00 for putting up with her crap...

3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealt with a guy like this last week. He has a trench that is probably 5 feet deep...lined with rocks. Well...it hasnt been cut in years considering there are trees about 6 to 7 inches thick growing out of it. This guy calls me last night and says.."I noticed the yard had been mowed, and it doesnt look like you did any weed eating" This was after I told him what trimming entailed. I asked him---are you referring to the trench? He says "Yes" I said...Were you seriously thinking that I was going to weed eat this????? With 6" trees he honestly thought I was going to weed eat it!! HAHA I know my redmax is good...but damn...I cant expect it to cut down trees!!

4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

so, you are going to cheat the customer now....Just cause you think she is a pain? Thats good business practice. if she added too much, take it off the next bill. Its the right thing to do.

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

it could be a test.

6. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I say keep the cash and trim along the wall...

One of my accounts neighbors just put up a nice black chainlink fence that I told myself I was not going to trim along - it wasnt there when I took on the account and (obviously) its not even my accounts property.
    So... a few weeks later I'm working there and let the heat get to me (badly), that same neighbor guy, without my asking, walked out and gave me fresh ice water, a cold towel, and said to use his bathroom if needed... I trim the fence now and think nothing of it. It takes about 1 minute.

Dont be a harda$$ just to make a point...

7. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

We've had a few issues like that. Usually, though, little things dont take that long, and the customers are a lot happier. Cutting down trees with a trimmer is another story...