Proof you haven't seen and heard it all YET

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Boy, just when I think I've seen it all and hear it all before, some new moron comes along and takes the cake again. Here's the story...

I get a call from a commercial customer asking "have you been by to cut the grass yet?"

My reply was a simple "No, but it is on the schedule for today because it has grown alot since Friday."

This was the truth, because I had planned to cut a couple of accounts early because they have grown several inches already since I cut on Friday.

Anyways, the customer says "Well I didn't think you did this to my lawn."

I say "what do you mean?"

The customer says, "Well you never leave it looking like this. It looks like crap. It looks like someone just came and made a mess of the front and left."

So to make a long story short, I drop by to see what the heck is going on. Well, evidently some moron came by yesterday afternoon after closing and just flat butchered the front lawn. The small part out front is in bad-bad shape and looks aweful. But the sides and rear are untouched.... as of course is the trimming in front.

Frankly, I can't even see how someone can manage to do such a thing with a lawn mower. It's cut way to short and places are missed. Plus it's also gapped, scalped, uneven and now frying in the mid 90's temps and sunshine as I type this. It's also covered with clippings and clumps that will have to be removed. Otherwise it will mold in this weather and fungus will break out.

Anyways, the customer was not there and has no idea who did this, nor has anyone came forth to take the credit for butchering this nicely manicured lawn.

Frankly I was sickened to have witnessed this. I'm at a loss as to how someone can manage to achieve such a mess with a lawn mower. Plus who in the hell is ******** enough to do such a thing? I mean who "just decides" to stop and do that to someone's front lawn? Only the front? Without permission? Without pay?

I can only assume someone did this as vandilism or because they "thought" they were doing them a favor. There is a lot of damage and I'm so floored by it all that I'm not even sure what to think or do to handle this in a professional manor.

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Scrubs-r-us! 1st cut is free!
  3. jason1978

jason1978 LawnSite Member

Wow all I can think of is that someone possibly did this to give you a bad name among the customer or something of that nature. That's honestly probly the most ******** thing that anyone in the history of mankind has ever done.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

I got a good laugh out of that one atleast.

At this point I have resolved to say "screw this" for today.

I just spoke with the customer for the thrid time today just a few minutes ago.
    They also want some extra services performed tomorrow at another location.
    So I think I will just 'stew' on this until morning to decide how I'm going to handle it.
    I just have to be careful not to let these clippings lay too long.
    I know I should go on and get to them now.
    But I am just in no mood for it at the moment.

I feel it's best I just go on and knock some other work out elsewhere this afternoon.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Yeah, it takes a total idiot to do what's been done to this lawn.
  6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

What A-Holes. :)
  7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I seen some highschool kids cutting lawns on a deere tractor today. Looks like they had a terribly bent blade or it was on upside down because 1 side perfect cut other half of the deck BURN marks in the lawn almost to the dirt. I felt like stopping and asking em what was with thier mower just to be nice and see if I could help them but I had other things to do (drink my slush)
  8. Chuck Sigmon

Chuck Sigmon LawnSite Member
    from N. C.

ok...............ok..........I'll train my guys somewhere else. Just kidding. Hope this works in your favor somehow.
  9. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

Not much you can do about something that is not your fault. It almost sounds like vandalism. If this guy has been a customer for awhile, he should understand that what happened is not something you would even consider. I'd just try like heck to shape the lawn back up asap. That's a real bummer man.
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe the previous mowing company didn't get paid.