propane mowers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martinfan06, Jun 8, 2006.

1. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering if anyone uses or seen any one use the alternate power dixie choppers?? never heard of it ?? go to DIXIECHOPPER.COM click on models,then alternate power. We use aprox. same size tank on fork lifts here at the job,get about 7-8 hrs out of 1 tank. Seems like repairs would be $$$$.
  2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, go diesel !!!!!! tomo
  3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

no offense but what dose diesel have to do with PROPANE gas??
  4. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the the propane would be a big Pain...Look at the extra weight of that tank...compared to gas...Plus then you would have to carry gas and propane.It would be nooooooo good for this ole cowboy.
  5. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were mowing indoors, I'd definitely use Propane!
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure there is alot of need for that...better yet, break out the extension cord. :rolleyes:
  7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i dont know why you guys are saying propane is no good...heck, they make trucks that run on it. The propane forklift at work has just as much power as a gas or diesel, and its quiter at idle and full throttle...seems like it might be a good idea to put it on a mower
  8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see any of my accounts having A need for that. If anything, for quieter operation some where?
  9. tomo

Hello, diesel is listed by D/C and many other brands of mower as alternate fuel. Diesel in my opinion is the best option once all things considered. Machine resale ,economy,longevity,less down time etc etc As the main thread mentions but does not pointout , forklifts have industrial engines versions of petrol [with propane]or diesel . Lightweight mower eng with propane no thankyou . If i were going to buy another mower diesel always the prefered option. tomo
  10. tomo

hello, better yet lets all use rechargeable versions upmarket no cord :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh wait solar or wind powered yea:hammerhead: tomo