1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Propane Mowing

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by lawntennis, Jan 5, 2010.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

My only compaint running both a dixie chopper and a bad boy propane set-up was the tanks were on both sides, and on both being 60" units, I still couldn't see the trim side of the deck. I couldn't tell if I was getting close to stuff. I have been mowing long enough to get close without looking, but I like the option every once in a while......
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Can't be, we are running out of our finite supply of oil. :rolleyes:
  3. LupineLandscaping

LupineLandscaping LawnSite Member

Interesting post.

We run all 21's and aerators on propane. The conversions were inexpensive and we refill smaller tanks from our 100lb cylinders with wet line conversions. It's really not a problem at all. We are located at 7000 ft and see a small loss of hp but not enough to NOT justify the fuel savings and cleaner burn. Propane is American Made and generally comes from my part of the country, SW CO. I will agree with the folk that argue that it is not a solution to the problem, it is a mere step in the correct direction.

This will be the first year we run our MDGGHS Walker on propane. We look forward to seeing the results.

Also we have a MDDGHS Walker that we run on waste oil. The oil we use in all of our equipment in Made in America. It is made out of plant and animal fats. We've used it for years with NO issues. We take that oil after an oil change and run it through a filtration process and burn it off in the Walker. It's a full process with no waste.

Green Earth Technologies (G Oil)
    AltFuel Propane Conversions