Propane powered trimmers

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuel Forum' started by 44DCNF, Nov 21, 2008.

1. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

2. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

You know I might take these propane power companies serious if they didnt lead their adds with pandering to the environmental cultist.

If they had a attachment for buffing floors those weed eaters might have a practical use.

3. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Hmmm ... 14.4 lbs for a 25cc tool.

I was wondering how they mix fuel/oil but see it's a 4-stroke with separate oil.

2h of run time is probably overrated ... and how do you refill?

4. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Those little camping propane cans maybe?

5. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it is the small propane cylinder attached where the gas tank would be. I haven't formed an opinion on them, just sharing the link. I am perfectly happy using my 2 smokers with a low smoke, low odor, clean burning oil at 100:1.

"If they had a attachment for buffing floors those weed eaters might have a practical use."
    GreenRed, you might have something there!

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Overweight and weak. What a combo!

7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

14.4 lbs is dry weight. Add another 2lbs or so for the fuel container. That's pushing close to 17lbs. I'll pass on it.

8. GrassesGuy

GrassesGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I just saw one at Menards and actually picked it up. It was heavy and it came with a strap already attached. No thanks. My back will be on fire. Plus how long does the fuel last and do you gotta stock up on camping propane canisters.

9. cleanairNC

cleanairNC LawnSite Member

I will warn you against the Lehr propane trimmer. It is absolute JUNK! Shoddy parts, no power, and constant problems. Its a nice idea, but it was not executed very well.