Proper blower technique?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Houstonguy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Houstonguy

Houstonguy LawnSite Member

Ok so I just do some lawns on the side. I work six days a week and only had 5 accounts and used to sweep them all. So Im starting to get more customers and got a blower about a month ago and am still a little confused on the proper technique. The way I do it, is blow the bulk of it into a pile and then pick it up. At first I tried blowing all of it back onto the yard but I didnt like the way the grass looked laying on top. Well I took my brother yesterday to help me do the yards because I wanted to finish early and had something to do afterwards. So my brother said I take too long to blow it, and I told him I've been thinking the same thing! Im having trouble being efficient with this thing its like I miss grass or somehow end up getting it back where I started. He thinks Im too much of a perfectionist but I like to leave a clean look. Thats why I now have 4 new customers in 1 week without even trying to get them. I got all of them from them driving by and saying my guy doesnt leave my lawn looking that good. Anyways I need some help with this blower. Thanks in advance.