Proper Method of Geo-Grid Installation

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GreenMonster, Jan 11, 2006.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Seems to me there is a little controversy, or maybe just a few different accepted methods for geo-grid installation. On a basic geogrid install, describe to me what the reinforced 4' behind your wall looks like.

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Mark - We have 1 foot of drainage aggregate and 5 foot of COMPACTED backfill. (Either fill soil or modified stone.) The backfill zone must be level with the top of the block so when you lay the grid down you don't have any fall-off behind the block. Your fill needs to be compacted extremely well, because if you have settlement and it pulls the grid you leave chance for failure. Obviously your grid needs to be installed in the correct direction too.
    P.S. Drainage stone and backfill material are separated by geotextile fabric and slightly wraped at every pull.
    Chris

3. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

If someone cal walk me through how to post pictures here, I have several shots of grid going in, soil being compacted, burrito wrap on the drain, etc....

4. cgland

Bill - Reply to thread, page down, click "manage attachments" browse your computer for pic, double click pic, hit upload, then post reply as usual.

Chris

5. UNISCAPER

did that werk???

6. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Lol... No!...:waving: :) :)

7. cgland

did you upload them?

chris

8. UNISCAPER

Ok lets see here.....I hit the 'Browse' button, then doubkle click the file I want. Then hit upload. At that point the file should go to the screen in my reply for the post right? It's uploading and then does not go there.....

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Bill, it won't show up in the text box. It will show up under "Attach Files."

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

if the pics are to big it will also say that in the same box, as its trying to upload them. Watch that box as it shows the progress of the upload when its completed.