1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Property and Street Grid

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JJJ, Jan 22, 2007.

1. JJJ

JJJ LawnSite Member

Hi all, does anyone know where to look for a layout of your city and streets so you can list or mark your properties all over the city. I am sure there is something you can print and then be able to view all your service properties in your area(s). I have seen them in bigger maps hanging on Office walls with buttons marking the locations of work. Does Mapquest do something like this?
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

3. JJJ

JJJ LawnSite Member

Where do you do it on Rand MaNally? I don't need driving directions, only markers. Thx for your help.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Check out the 'custom wall map' link on the left...that would work for me, I work in 2 counties but sort of straddle the border of both of them mostly.
  5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Most pizza shops have 'em.
    Maybe they can send you in the right direction.
  6. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up Garmin GPS18 Navigation Software for my laptop. I am in the process of inputting all of my properties as Known Points (Way Points) so that I can see them on a map. I will also be able to put them into categories. Using catagories as a service day, I can pull up the waypoints for a certain day and let the software route me the easiest way from one point to the next without any backtracking.
  7. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

i just went to www.randmcnally.com and the first thing that caught my eye was "free shipping on custom wall maps." Personally, I use Google earth.