Property journal

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by GreenthumbGA, Mar 15, 2008.

1. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

I am curious about what kinds of methods you guys are using for keeping track of the things that you do to properties, problem areas, stuff like that.

I have gohper for scheduling but curious what other methods are used out there.

2. GreenthumbGA

Just curious about the different ways you Guys/Gals keep track of all the stuff you do on each persons property.

I use gohper for scheduling. I have been drawing up each property, and taking notes as I go. Keep them in a folder.

I am working with about twenty properties at the moment that have more than mow and blow and I want to start setting up an effective system.

You are all super duper, I read through these threads for hours at a time, and heve been for a hand full of years. I don't say much cause I spend so much time listening.

dave
    GTT

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

we use a forestry tool that is windows based and has a gps
    http://www.cruisecontrolsoftware.com/index.html

we also have a tele track sys built into all our trucks,
    some of the others use shur pro or mass trak

tracking our applicators just keeps them honest

4. Integrity LC

Integrity LC LawnSite Member

I use lawn pro and if there are any notes needed to put on the account, I put them under the notes section. Simple as that

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I store the information in my computer.

chp_brain.jpg

6. GreenthumbGA

appreciate the time, just looking at ways to keep things organized.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

There are a number of commercial programs out there that will do what you want, and there are free programs that will do essentially the same thing. Best thing for you to do is define your needs with a flowchart or something similar, then look around for something that will fit your needs.