1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

property line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Apr 11, 2003.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Rain, rain, rain. I was bored so I took this shot of the front of my lawn where it meets my neighbors. They have chem lawn! We got a flyer in the mail touting thier results and wanting us to sign up. Hahhh! maybe we'l lget out to mow sat.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I'm assuming your property is on the right and theirs is on the left. It looks a bit greener on the right.

I'd work on a more defined line if I were you. Just to make it more obvious how bad Chemlawn is.

I love Chemlawn, I get ALOT of work from their ticked off customers.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Chemlawn seems to only want to put down fert. After the brutal drought we had last year I did quite a few aerate, seed and ferts in the fall. Those lawns look great this year. The few Chemlawn yards I do all look like **** with a lot of very healthy looking broadleaf weeds growing where the grass died. Even if you can catch them on the yard you have to twist their arm to get them to put down some broadleaf weed control.
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Nice looking picture. I think most people really do think they are getting great results using Chemlawn. Don’t these people look at other yards that don’t use Chemlawn? The ones that do notice the difference end up calling for someone else to service their lawn.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I never had any problems with Chemlawn. I even used them for 3 years to sub out to. Only messed up once by missing a property line by about 20 feet.

Their products are the same as ours, their applicators ARE licensed, and they come when they say they will. Plus they are about the most inexpensive out there.

I guess it depends on the area. I mow a few lawns that have been treated by Chemlawn for over 20years. Their lawns are "top notch" and I doubt that me or "my Guy" could do much better.

I guess that some area's have shoddy franchises?
  6. jeffex

exactly yes I'm on the right. IMO if you don't aerate why bother. Our ground is rock and clay and those spray fert apps go right into the run off drain. I aerate spring and fall with 4 treatments. pre-m, weed feed, , grub control+ fert, fall+ winter, and lime if needed. We are about a week from cutting where I live but may lawns are about 25 miles south and are about 1.5 weeks ahead in the growing cycle. There is a elevation change in that short distance that may be the reason for the difference. Combine that with the fall and winter treatment from last year and that is the reason. This game is so simple . I made believers out of my customers in the aeration process.
  7. jeffex

here is a better line. Keep in mind we are just beginn ing the growth cycle.

picture 002.jpg
  8. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

just a thought,

So you can show a customer, you may want to put a rope, belt, or some type of defining line down so the customer can clearly see the difference.

Your lawn looks great