Property Maintenance bid (need advice)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnBoy627, Feb 5, 2013.

1. LawnBoy627

LawnBoy627 LawnSite Member

I got from a property maintenance company today, wondering if I could give them an estimate for taking care of a dentist office. I only have a couple commercial accounts (small mom and pop business's) so bidding for commercial properties is new to me. Is it a good idea to do business with a property maintenance company? Or is it better to work with a business directly instead?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PaulMoody

PaulMoody LawnSite Member

One of my best accounts is a property management company. As with everything else, there can be good ones and bad ones. They can be limited by what the actual owners will budget for. So some will be cheap and some will be fair.

My experience is that the property management company wants my bid in the early spring each year, and then after approval, the only contact I get from them is the check. If I do a good job, they are extremely hassle free. Typically one job leads to another with them. They have given me exposure in neighborhoods that I have not previously had jobs in. That has led to more jobs.

Set your terms up front and go for it!